Monday, February 10, 2014

The pointlessness of Modi's wife

modi_edited_1

Image:  www.narendramodi.in

Indian Express seems to have caught a major scoop this week, with an exclusive interview with the woman who is widely believed to be Narendra Modi's wife.

You can read the whole interview here.

If you want a summation, let me give it you -

We were married when I was 17. A few months into the marriage Modi drifted apart from me. He was more interested in politics than his domestic life. In time we stopped keeping in touch and I moved on to live on my own. I am not poor.  I am a retired school teacher. Modi has never attempted to contact me. 

I am not sure what IE was hoping for when it arranged the interview, but the only good thing I feel that comes from it is that what was already known to be a bland tale has now turned blander.

After all, if there was any scandal, Modi's numerous enemies would have ensured they surfaced by now.

Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment